Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Surprise, Surprise

I'm usually pretty on the ball with fall fashion- fur, boots, dark tones (just look at my fall fashion post)- it generally stays consistent from year to year. But this fall/winter I've seen some trends that have really surprised me, but after much consideration and a lot of exposure to them, I decided I really love.

Bright Blue
This never struck me as a fall colour. I mean, fall is all about the warm tones, wouldn't you feel cold in a bright blue in November? But after seeing it styled in store window after store window and street style after street style, I just couldn't resist.

I like to warm up the blue by adding some earth tones to the look, like this look from the Paul Smith F/W 2013 runway. Another way to make the blue look more for fall, pair it with something that couldn't be more autumn; a fur or shearling vest (this one's from Michael Kors). Also, an accessory, purse, or shoe (like these Nine West ones) in the colour is also great.

 

Floral

As much as I love spring and summer, when October and November roll around, I'm really looking forward to the hot chocolate, sitting around the fire, watching Christmas movies season. That's why when I first saw floral showing up in stores after labour day I had mixed feelings. But it's just so hard to not love this trend; if you love it in April, why not love it in October too?

Style it for fall by adding a knit cardigan, fur, or velvet pant with it (velvet is soo in this fall too).
I like this H&M dress with this heavy knit cardigan with fur trim, from Topshop. The contrasting materials lend the outfit an extra something. I also loved this floral Zara blouse with these J. Crew velvet green trousers.


Props to the visual merchandiser at Club Monaco and blogger A Keene Sense of Style for incorporating both of these trends!




1 comment: