Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Spring Wish List

At the beginning of every season there's always pieces that I say I really want and I'm going to buy, but either I find that I already have something similar, or I end up spending money on other things instead. So this season I decided to make a wish list of all the things I've been coveting, that I've seen in magazines, blogs, or the runway.

1. White denim jacket



Jean jackets are one of my favourite things to wear in the spring, mostly because it just means I don't need to be lugging around a huge heavy winter coat. But lately I've just been loving the white denim, as I feel it gives a fresh take on the typical blue denim, and can actually be worn with even more (I still love my blue denim and wear it to death!). The thing I also love about this particular one from Joe Fresh is that it's collarless (very trendy) and more boxy than fitted. 

2. Jumpsuit



Of course I have a few shorts rompers that I love to wear in the summer- they're so easy to wear and, depending on the colour/pattern, you can dress them up or down for almost anything. But what I don't have is a long jumpsuit that I can wear in cooler weather, and these are oh so trendy right now. You can never go wrong with classic black; you can do bright or muted accessories with it depending where you're wearing it.

3. Kimono



As I talked about in my post Floral Kimonos, I am absolutely loving this trend for spring. And although the floral ones are probably my favourite, there's many other kimonos you could get, such as plain or other patterned ones. They're just great for warmer weather because they're so lightweight, but still give that little something to your outfit.

4. Platform Sandals




I started seeing some styles of sandals like this last summer, and it was only towards the end of the season that I decided i had to have a pair (I never did buy a pair last year). They're super comfortable, have great support because of the thick heel, and are the perfect balance of casual and chic. A pair in a colour like these white ones are perfect for the coming season!

5. Matching crop top set



Although crop tops are in for this spring/summer season (read my post Cream Of The Crop), I can't really explain why I'm so into these matching sets right now. I just think they're so cute and trendy, and they give you a very polished look. What's also great is you can mix and match each piece with other tops and bottoms, and even if it's a distinctive pattern, it'll be a completely different outfit. That's definitely worth it!


6. Ankle strap heels




I've been seeing this style for a while now, and you can do the peep toe for warmer weather and the closed toe for when it's a bit cooler out. The thick strap helps with support on your ankle, and won't dig in too much like a thinner strap.

7. The perfect dress


Though I have many spring/summer dresses, I actually surprisingly don't own a pink one. And now that pink is a go-to colour for spring, I decided that a dress in this colour is a must. This piece is also great because of the shape and fit, and will go perfectly with a denim jacket for during the day, or heels and a statement necklace for a night out.

I can actually already cross off some of these items, as I've been getting my closet ready for spring since the new year (what can I say, I literally can't wait for spring to come). I'm so excited for the weather to start getting warmer so I can finally start to wear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment