Tuesday, April 29, 2014

One, Tulle, Three, Four

I am absolutely obsessed with tulle. I guess it makes me feel like a princess or something, I don't know. I just love the way it looks when you put an outfit together, and bring it out of the ballet and fairy tale contexts and into the real world.

Tulle skirts are generally worn during the Christmas or New Years time of year, but with the beautiful pale and pastel colours they come in what could be more perfect for spring? Especially with the warmer weather, you wouldn't need to wear stockings with it, like you would in December.

A tulle skirt can be dressed up for a party or event, or put with a more casual top for a day look or a night out with friends. I love when the skirt is paired with a basic jersey top, because it makes it look so versatile.






Keep it casual by also pairing it with a moto or bomber jacket.




I also love when it's paired with a denim or plaid top, because the structure of the shirt contrasts with the tulle in such an awesome way (you wouldn't normally think to pair the two together).




Monochromatic tulle skirts
Dressed up...



...Or down...
(AKA pairing it with a jumper)



And how could I forget...


2 comments:

  1. Arghhh I want one of these! Where can I find them IRL, on a budget?
    Great post btw, love the visuals you’ve chosen :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Topshop and Space 46 have some cute ones that aren't too pricey, and there's always eBay, but unfortunately a lot of companies are a bit more expensive. Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete