Thursday, October 8, 2015

early birthday outfit


Last year we realized there are 4 people at work that all have birthdays in October (including myself), and thought it would make a fun tradition to go out for dinner with everyone sometime during the month (I talked about last year's dinner here). So this year we decided to have our dinner last weekend, even though all our birthdays aren't until later in the month (mine is on the 22nd).

In retail, the back to school month starts off the busy season, and from October it just gets busier from there, as people start their Halloween shopping, and are already even thinking about the Holidays. So going out with all our friends right before everything starts getting really crazy is the best way to kick start the end of year (I can't believe I'm already saying this, but I just know time will fly). I feel so blessed that I have so many great friends at work that I'm so close with and that we are all able to get together to celebrate, even if it only is a couple times a year.

I bought this skirt almost a year ago when I was in the giant Forever 21 in Florida and just completely fell in love with it at first sight. I didn't have an occasion in mind to wear it to at the time, and even now I've only worn it once to a family dinner. I always love dressing up, no matter what the occasion, and seeing as we were going out to celebrate my birthday I thought "why not?". I'll admit I was a bit chilly, even with the leather jacket, but it was definitely worth it to feel like a princess, and a little bit like Carrie Bradshaw, in this outfit even just for a night.









Top: Dynamite
Skirt: Forever 21
Jacket: Dynamite
Bracelet: Pandora
Clutch: Urban Outfitters
Shoes: Call It Spring

No comments:

Post a Comment